One of the oldest neighbourhoods of Paris. It used to be very popular and has had an important Jewish population that has marked the events and history of the place.
A former premises of the Templars, this neighbourhood evolves while keeping its commercial aspect and social mixing. Today, gentrification has brought more affluent residents, but the cultural mix very much remains.
Neighbourhood bordering the peripheral ring road around Paris, which was consolidated in the 19th century with the demolition of the belt of Maréchaux (marshalls) to provide space for the colonial exposition of 1931. Ever since the construction of many HBMs (lower income, state-protected rooms) at the time, it has continued to be a popular neighbourhood and is home to the National Museum of Immigration History.
MAIRIE DU 12e / GARE DE REUILLY
In spite of the presence of the castle of King Dagobert, The ground of Reuilly remained for the main part a rural area till the beginning of the XVIIth century. The hamlet of Reuilly became village then district which was connected in Paris in 1702. In 1790, it is in the internal limit of the wall of the farmers Generals. The old station and the names of the various streets call remind the village of Reuilly. This district is now a residential area crossed by the green alley, a walking way and real lung of Paris. The city hall and the place Éboué preserve marks of the colonization. As in all the districts of Paris, commemorative plaques reminding the rounded up and the Resistance fighters of the Second World War are there numerous.